The NITDA Information Resource Centre (IRC) is under the Corporate Strategy and Research Department.
NITDA as a body is responsible for facilitating ICT growth for development in Nigeria that has necessitated the need to upgrade its library to an Information Resource Centre (IRC) for the benefit of ICT growth in Nigeria. The purpose of the Information Resource Center (IRC) is to significantly contribute to NITDAs, growth, thus, becoming an example of a forward thinking and operating knowledge based organisation that utilises modern technologies, processes and methodologies to manage knowledge for the benefit of Nigeria. The objectives of the Information Resource Center include among others:
- Provision of wide variety of resources through searchable databases and data banks, audio cassettes, videos CD-ROM and image
- Access to external database of information through subscription to variety of online library resources.
- Flow of information to staff and researchers on new titles in the Library.
- To encourage adequate usage of Nigerian indigenous knowledge or artefacts.
- Encourage other ICT stakeholders and researchers to effectively use the library services and resources.